Many people have asked me about information regarding the removal of their pubic hair, so to help them I offer this guide. Many men and women may find a shaven genital region of their partners extremely erotic, and for men the removal of the pubic hair can make the penis seem more vulnerable and much larger, a real turn-on for women. For those of you who are really interested in shaving, talk to each other about making it an activity that you can share together.
Here are a few suggestions for those of choose to shave their nether regions:
1. If you have long pubic hairs, trim hair with clippers or scissors before using a razor to shave in close. Electric clippers are best for this purpose.
2. Take a very long, warm bath beforehand.
3. Before applying shaving cream, rinse the area with cool water.
4. Apply shaving cream a few minutes before shaving to soften hairs. Consider using a shaving cream with additional conditioners or aloe.
5. Be sure to use a sharp blade. You might try using two new blades
if you are shaving a large area.
6. When shaving, stroke an area no more than twice to reduce skin
irritation. On the first stroke, go "with the grain" to remove
most of the hair, then go "against the grain" for a smooth, close
shave. If "going against" tends to irritate you, then skip that and use both strokes "with the grain." Shaving this area against the grain can lead to very painful, itchy ingrown hairs for some people.
7. Be sure to clean the area afterwards with soap and water to reduce
the risk of infection. Ideally, give the area a second cleansing using
cotton balls and rubbing alcohol.
8. Some people find a daily application of baby powder or talcum powder especially
helpful after shaving to keep the area dry and irritation-free.
9. Practice clean hygiene after shaving, washing the area at least once
a day to reduce sweat and oil build-up.
10. Go as long as possible between shavings to reduce skin irritation.
A few warnings now that you have some guidelines:
1. People who allergic and react to some shaving creams: This area seems
to have heightened sensitivity. Furthermore, if it does react, your
natural sweat and the natural abrasion this area receives will most
likely make your life a living hell (temporarily). Consider avoiding
shaving all together, or try warning tip #3. If you do decide to shave
this area, make sure you use hypoallergenic shaving cream.
2. People with sensitive skin may wish to avoid shaving for the same
reasons. Again, if you chose to shave, consider shaving cream made for
sensitive skin and use a hypoallergenic moisturizer afterwards.
3. Consider closely trimming your hair instead. It provides many of the
benefits of shaving without all the risks!
4. Letting hair grow out after shaving your pubic area is a bitch. The
sharp hairs combined with the sensitive skin will make you realize
just how much movement happens in that area on an average day.
Chaffing is nearly unavoidable.
5. Keeping #4 in mind, people who walk/run/exercise a lot might wish
to skip shaving all together if you don't want to invest the time
in regular shavings.
In conclusion, you should talk with your partner about arranging to shave each other. This can be a very erotic and sensual activity. Be sure to communicate very clearly during the act and proceed very slowly. Find out what they like, what feels good, and what feels not so good. If you take the time to learn how to do this the best for them, they will love you all the more for it. Happy shaving!
[an error occurred while processing this directive]